Thursday, September 12, 2013

A new Voice on Radio Free Bozenageles ( Chris Ketchem)


  Very happy to Let my friend Chris Ketchem Post here from his Refuge in a bunker in an undisclosed strip mine somewhere in West Virginia. Hopefully he will help my apathy and spread some enlightenment in these troubled times





Loud Leaves - Chris Ketchem

I’m aging faster than the seasons are changing.
When did the colors change so soon?
Why are leaves falling so quickly?
The air is cooler in the afternoon.
It’s all these outsiders want to see.

It’s already autumn and there is nothing to show.
Will I reap anything from this forest?
Am I blindly going into something untried?
I’ve used this summer without any rest.
All I can remember is that she lied.

I think I can actually hear the leaves hit the ground.
Why do I own this sensitivity? 
Will I ignore any other recognitions?
Seven months to get, but I’m finally free.
The fall then winter will cleanse these sins.

When the fall comes I’ll make new promises.
Will anyone even believe me?
Will that even matter?
Two weeks before I return this key.
Just like this tree so will I tatter.

- Chris Ketchem 2013 


"And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt." -Sylvia Plath




No comments: