Wednesday, June 29, 2011

All That Glitters IT’S RAINING MEN (PART 2)you can't judge a book by its cover



  Mother Goat comes through again here is Part 2 of the Rochelle and Pat Saga. refer to  sundays post for part 1. All That Glitters is an on-going  Soap Opera set in  Bozeangeles


IT’S RAINING MEN (PART 2)   You Can;t Judge a Book by its Cover

Rochelle slowly drained her drink, finding new interest in her ice cubes as she absorbed what Pat told her. So there it was. He wasn’t breaking up with her, only leaving things in her hands. She walked him to the door, flinched when he kissed her cheek and said good-bye.

As soon as she heard the slam of his car door and the engine roar to life, Rochelle let out a groaning, "EEEEEEEEEEW! I can’t believe this shit!" She wasn’t angry, only dumbfounded. It certainly wasn’t the conversation she’d expected. Rochelle went to the kitchen to mix a third cocktail, vodka with a splash of tea, then went to her room and changed into her beloved sweatpants. Rochelle flopped onto the sofa, only to receive a dirty look from Maizey for waking her up. Rochelle patted Maizey’s head and apologized for disturbing the slumber in progress. Maizey licked Rochelle’s hand and wagged her tail.

As Rochelle mentally recounted the conversation in half disbelief and half amusement, she shook her head. "I must’ve pissed someone off in my previous life."

"Rochelle, I want you to know I’m very attracted to you, and I’ve really enjoyed our dates."

"That’s nice to hear Pat, thank you." I’m not about to tell you the feeling is mutual, she thought.

"I’m not sure how to say it, so I’m just going to say it. Just hear me out and I’ll answer questions afterward." Pat adjusted in his seat. The bright light highlighted his jaw line. Where in the hell was his 5:00 shadow? It boggled Rochelle’s mind. Even when I shave my legs in the morning, there’s some stubble by 7:00 p.m. Pat came over directly from work, so she knew he hadn’t had time to shave. Suddenly Rochelle’s brain made a record on a record player scratching noise, zip. What did you say? Lesbian relationship? I could not have possibly heard that correctly. She reeled at the information.

"Rochelle, I’m a trans-gender. I was involved in a lesbian relationship for eleven years, but even then I still felt like I was trapped in a woman’s body. From the waist up, I’m a man. Below the waist, I’m still a woman. The surgery to complete the transformation is scheduled in six months. I’m not crazy, nor is this something I did on a whim. You undergo years of extensive counseling before any of the doctors will begin the transformation."

"My legal name was Patricia until four years ago. My mom is kinda mourning the loss of her daughter, and my father won’t speak to me right now. My siblings are following Dad’s lead. When I have told people the truth they stopped talking to me. I just wanted to tell you this so you can decide whether or not you want to continue to see me."

"Pat, I don’t know what to say. It’s a lot to absorb. It sounds like it’s a pretty lonely existence for you, and for that I’m sorry. I appreciate you telling me this. I just don’t know what to think right now."

"I understand Rochelle. I’m going to leave it up to you then." Pat stood and Rochelle followed. She could’ve said "Let’s talk a bit more," but what would they talk about? Pat kissed her on the cheek, opened the door and left. "I hope I hear from you."

"Well, that explains the lack of 5:00 shadow, flawless complexion, and the fact that I always felt like I was kissing my mother when he kissed me," she said to Maizey.

No comments: