Monday, June 20, 2011

The things we miss ( or pretend to not see )

I took  Little Goat down town this morning , for breakfast and to see what was going on.
 The  area shows some life there are a few more  businesses popping up. A french bistro over on Tracy st. and the Co-op grocery and deli right on Main. But there still are a lot of empty places and empty faces.There  were quite a few  homeless people or transients on the streets. I guess this is common through out the country these days and has been for a while . The sad thing is how we have trained our selves to ignore it. Cars zip by the woman at the intersection. Parents cross the street with their stroller ( I did this today ) consciously protecting their child  ignoring the person.  I don't pretend to know the solution but I recognize the problem. Do you ?

No comments: